Like Tupelo’s Day-Brite plant, here’s another 1950s Mississippi industry that’s still going strong. I just googled the name and up popped a large manufacturing complex on the north side of Louisville. I can’t tell if this Art Moderne building shown in the 1951 Manufacturers Record is still there, but take a look at those groovy canopies that now front the campus!
See more Industrial Mississippi . . .
- 1930s Industrial History in Natchez
- Manufacturer’s Record 1946
- Knox Glass Company, Flowood
- N&W Overall Company, Jackson
- Blue Bell, Natchez and Belmont
- Rice-Stix Factory, Water Valley
- Jackson Lamp and Glass Works
- Tupelo’s Day-Brite Plant
Categories: Industrial, Louisville
Yes, the plant pictured is still extant, buried behind the front additions and a refacading. You can see it better on the Bing bird’s eye view that everything is still there.