Glen Auburn, Natchez – (1875) Mississippi’s greatest remaining Second Empire structure. Due to the aftereffects of the Civil War, very few substantial Second Empire structures were constructed in Mississippi. Of the few that were constructed, Glen Auburn is possibly the only one that could be classified as a mansion. Many of the features originally constructed in 1875 for Christian Schwartz are still present, including the decorative ironwork around the roof, roof brackets, and stone quoins. Glen Auburn also occupies a central location on the edge of Natchez’s business district.