This August marks the 48th anniversary of Hurricane Camille. We mostly think of hurricanes having an impact on the coastline but they do indeed have a far reach. In the Clarion Ledger article below you can see reports from both the Columbia vicinity and, way upstate, Corinth about Hurricane Camille’s effect on historic places in those towns.
Are you interested in learning more? Consider checking out these other “Hurricane Camille” related posts.
- An Ill Wind Brings New Rules: What Hurricane Camille Changed
- 46th Anniversary of Hurricane Camille
- 45th Anniversary of Hurricane Camille
- 43rd Anniversary of Hurricane Camille
- 40th Anniversary of Hurricane Camille
- Lost Mississippi: Frank Lloyd Wright’s Fuller House, Pass Christian
- Lost Mississippi: International Style House, Waveland
- Biloxi’s Blighted Banking Buildings Blowup (not really but they are getting demolished)