I have some suggestions!
- Invite your favorite elected official to lunch. Wait until dessert to begin a gentle tirade about the importance of historic preservation.
- Attend one of the many fun and educational historic preservation programs taking place around the state. Nothing in your town? Start something!
- Take a young friend to visit a historic house museum in your area and enjoy seeing history through their eyes.
- Sign up for this year’s Listen Up! Historic Preservation Conference-you do not want to miss this! www.listenupms.com
- Send cards to your local historic preservation commission members thanking them for their hard work and service to your community.
- Peruse MHT’s fabulous new website, www.mississippiheritage.com.
- Shop downtown (easy one!).
- Host your own preservation film festival (RIP Bob Hoskins). Even better, start a preservation film festival at one of Mississippi’s beautiful historic theaters (sign me up for that committee!).
- Give your town a gift membership to the Mississippi Heritage Trust, as Marion Neill recently did for the City of Hollandale.
- Take a walk through a historic cemetery and give thanks to all the people who helped build Mississippi’s beautiful and treasured historic places.
Categories: Historic Preservation