Branch Banking House (currently the African American Museum), Woodville – (1818-19, later alterations) (National Register). According to the National Register nomination form, “The Banking House is one of the earliest examples of the Federal style in Mississippi and features an exceptionally detailed interior which includes the original vault.” The Branch Banking House in Woodville is the oldest banking building in Mississippi and one of the oldest (if not the oldest) commercial buildings in the state. The Branch Banking House is a Federal style block, with a nearly square floor plan and height, making it an interestingly cube-like building before it regained its pitched roof. Currently owned by the Woodville Civic Club (which also own the West Feliciana Railroad Office/Bank) and housing the African American Museum, the Branch Banking House has undergone numerous alterations. Despite fire, renovations, and neglect, the Branch Banking House retains exquisite Federal style interior woodwork, and according to the National Register nomination form, “The integrity of the building appears to have been well maintained; few important changes have been made.” Today, due to thirty years of restoration work, the Branch Banking House looks closer to its original state than it has since the late 1800s.