The Eclectic/Composite Lowery Memorial Baptist Church, with some Colonial Revival features, was constructed in 1908 adjacent to Blue Mountain College. Features include:
…two-story, seven-by-seven bay brick structure with pyramidal hip roof, gable-roofed projecting central section, and four-story square tower with pinnacled corners…(Adele Cramer, 1978, nomination form National Register of Historic Places for Blue Mountain District. Retrieved from the Mississippi Department of Archives & History, Historic Resources Inventory database)
R. H. Hunt and Company, headquartered in Chattanooga, TN, and with branch offices in Jackson, MS and Dallas, TX was the architect. Many of the buildings that were designed by Hunt are no longer extant.