Rosalie, Natchez – (1822-23, 1850s) (National Historic Landmark) Constructed for Pennsylvania-born sawmill owner Peter Little from 1822-1823 by an unknown builder, Rosalie sits on the bluff above the Mississippi River at the site of the former French-built Fort Rosalie. Rosalie is one of several mansions constructed in the first half of the Nineteenth Century that constitute the “Natchez style.” Rosalie typifies that style with the two-story Tuscan portico and large Federal style fanlight entrance. The interior was refurnished in the 1850s, with first story mantles replaced and some ornamental plasterwork added. The hallway plaster is original to the early 1820s. The Mississippi State Society Daughters of the American Revolution have owned Rosalie since 1938, operating it as a museum.