Corinth Machinery Company Building – (1869-2012) The Corinth Machinery Company Building is probably the oldest industrial building in the state of Mississippi, certainly the largest remaining industrial building from that time period, and the only Italianate industrial structure in the state. While there is some confusion as to the Corinth Machinery Company Building’s history (Rosemary Taylor Williams writes in Cross City Chronicle: A Pictorial History of Architecture in Corinth & Alcorn County that the Corinth Machinery Company Building was built in 1880 by Paul Tudor Jones), the accepted history is that Martin Seigrest designed and constructed the main building of the Corinth Machinery Company in 1869 as the Alcorn Woolen Mill. In 1904, the Corinth Engine and Boiler Works moved into the building, adding the adjacent machine shop and foundry building. In 1912, the works reorganized as the Corinth Machinery Company, which operated until 1983, making few major alterations to the building. Canadian owners allowed the building to decay during the next twenty-five years. The Martin Seigrest-designed structure is a massive three story behemoth, highly visible in downtown Corinth. Despite the significance of the building, it has deteriorated alarmingly in recent years with the north wall and roof collapsing. Of note is the fact that the Corinth Machinery Company Building is the first historic structure in Mississippi ever documented with computer visualization technology.